Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what is going on with my posts.

Anyway, I caught my Williamsi going at it about 30min ago and they are still doing so every 3-4 minutes. The females mouth is full though, I'm guessing she'd like to stop now...lol....

Will post a (very bad) video soon, unfortunately my camera batteries were not charged :(

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the video:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:
Male is going at it with a second female, though she is playing harder to get than the first one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow, nice colors on the male especially! I just bought 7 williamsi juvies (same place you got your group), I hope they end up that nice. So far, I'm really liking them. Are you planning to try to raise the spawn or just let nature take its course in the tank?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KLGFCG said:
Wow, nice colors on the male especially! I just bought 7 williamsi juvies (same place you got your group), I hope they end up that nice. So far, I'm really liking them. Are you planning to try to raise the spawn or just let nature take its course in the tank?
Thanks!
I think the group you bought may actually be offspring of my group (before I got them, of course). Mine are fully grown. I'm sure yours will turn out beautifully! I will most likely let nature take its course as I don't have a fry tank and no desire to wreck the decor in order to catch them :)

UPDATE:
Both females still holding, day 12. Fortunately they have found some good hiding spots and don't seem to be getting harassed too badly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts