Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad:

Dad and Mom:

Fry:

Mom?:

Fry:

I just got the multies two weeks ago, but I've had the WC Calvus for 2 months now.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They really look like calvus fry? The multies have been protecting them so I figured that they were... maybe they're just camping out on the other end of the tank.

--Edit
It looks as though they are Calvus fry, from looking at pictures of other Multie spawns.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DirtyBlackSocks said:
Maybe the multies are just lonely - at least some one's doing it for them :p

I'd syphon those suckers and start rearing them, those calvus are nice.
I have to get a 10g set up, it looks like the Calvus are going to spawn again, so I doubt I'll have any shortage of fry. Once my sponge filter comes in the mail, I'll start the transfer.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Male is 4-4 1/2" and the female is maybe 2 1/2" max. I'm horrible at sizing fish up from glance, but these are my closest estimations.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
thefish said:
I have to get a 10g set up, it looks like the Calvus are going to spawn again, so I doubt I'll have any shortage of fry. Once my sponge filter comes in the mail, I'll start the transfer.
and as fast as calvus grow, in about 2 years, they'll be a sellable size... :wink:

·
Registered
790 Posts
chapman76 said:
thefish said:
and as fast as calvus grow, in about 2 years, they'll be a sellable size... :wink:
You can get them to an inch in as little as 3 to 4 months :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
spitfiretjh said:
whats the update on the fish?? 8)
Sponge filter still hasn't come, but there are a still many tiny calvus fry swimming about, but there is no doubt that some have gone "missing". I blame their father. When I get the new tank set up, I'll post a real update.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts