Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a breeding group of WC Cyno Lion "Lions Cove" arriving tomorrow. This is my first WC fish purchase & have a couple of general questions about introducing them to an established tank...

1) Is there anything special as far as acclimating them? I intend on putting them in a 40 gallon breeder as a quarantine with hopes that they will spawn. It would be alot easier to keep the holding moms isolated this way. Fingers crossed.

2) I know a lot can depend on the species but at what point can I feel comfortable with adding them to my 180? I have researched any issues with their new tankmates & they seem like a good fit with the rest of the group. Well, except for a breeding group of Johanni that will have to be removed regardless.

3) Prior to adding them to the 180, I had planned on rearranging all of the rocks & removing several fish that I don't plan on keeping long term. Hopefully this will allow enough of a change to the system to allow them to find their own comfort level.

Anything else?

Thanks-

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have always treated my new WC fish when they come with jungle parasite clear. I had a group come in once that looked great, ate fine, everything seemed perfect, then I put them in the main tank and for the next 3 months had massive die offs, better safe then sorry.

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great info.. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.