Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 gallon with mollies and guppies. I have the tank temp set at 76 degrees. The tank is in a room that gets a bit chilly during the winter, roughly around 67 -68 degrees. Some days depending on how cold the day is, it can get drafty.

So my question is, do I raise the temperature of the tank? Will the heater always kick on if I don't raise it? I believe ideally anything ranging between 68 -78 is acceptable, but I do have fry and fish carrying fry too. What do you suggest?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
If your heater is set to 76f the tank should always be 76f regardless of room temp.
If it's not, the heater is either undersized or not working right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DavidJo23 said:
I have a 20 gallon with mollies and guppies. I have the tank temp set at 76 degrees. The tank is in a room that gets a bit chilly during the winter, roughly around 67 -68 degrees. Some days depending on how cold the day is, it can get drafty.

So my question is, do I raise the temperature of the tank? Will the heater always kick on if I don't raise it? I believe ideally anything ranging between 68 -78 is acceptable, but I do have fry and fish carrying fry too. What do you suggest?
It is probably not working right. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.