Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I would like to keep either Bolivian Rams, or some GT's, however the water out of my tap is about 8.2 pH, and on the soft side. Judging by my research, these numbers are not cool for the BR's, however the GT's should be able to survive around 8pH, if my research is correct?!

Should I be messing with a pH buffer, or just go with GT's or a hardy fish while leaving the pH alone? I will do whatever needs to be done, as long as the fish are happy, healthy and colorful! Thanks alot guys

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Set a container of tap water out and let it set for a few days and test. Most water out the tap drops in ph after a few days.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
What size tank do you have? There is a large difference in size between an adult Bolivian ram and an adult Green Terror.

Bolivian rams are a social cichlid and do better in groups, while GT's are large predators and are better kept singularly or as a mated pair.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do Flipper, thanks for the suggestion!

Dead, I've got a 55gal. I am familiar with the many differences, not alot in common between the two! I would rather keep BR's, as I am not all that sure I can provide a bigger tank for the GT's down the road, resulting in them put on Craigslist, which I dont want to have to do. Leaning heavily towards BR's in all respects now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts