Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing research before starting a tropheus tank. I see some people advocating increased turbulence in the water. I was considering using Eheim canisters but they don't break the surface of the water like AquaClears. Would the canisters work or would I need to put air stones in the water too? Or should I skip the canisters and go with AquaClears for the increased water agitation?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I own AquaClear filters and Eheim filters so I don't need to buy anything. Just move filters around to the desired tanks. I can do either way. I will likely use my 90 gallon with two AC10s for starters but I have not decided at the moment. Still need to decide on the fish.
From pictures I am leaning towards Kiriza, Pemba, Maswa, Halembe, Red Chimba, Lupopa, Moliro. Not all of those - only one.
Will depend on availability and perhaps price to some extent. Are any of those harder to keep than others?
I am doing foai and cyps and have had frontosa. New to tropheus but experienced with Tanganyikans.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.