Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The water in my sink, in the same room that my aquarium is, is terrible...just the hot water. But I don't think it is practical to only use cold water to do a WC. I think something is up with the piping, as the hot water is cloudy as ****, plus my pipes sometimes vibrate. I was thinking on purchasing a cheap water filter from Walmart to filter the water to do water changes. Do you think that would help, or should I continue walking the flight of steps to go to the main sink to get clean water?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I use pure flo pads and put it under the faucet and it clears up the water a bunch before i put it in the 5 gallon jug and into the tank...

pure flo is the brand and its pretty cheap, or try a ripped up shirt.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
killakam said:
I use pure flo pads and put it under the faucet and it clears up the water a bunch before i put it in the 5 gallon jug and into the tank...

pure flo is the brand and its pretty cheap, or try a ripped up shirt.
What is a "pure flo pad" and where can I purchase it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
cloudy how?

i know alot of times my hot water when put into a bucket or something appears cloudy, but its just air bubbles if you give it a chance to settle it will be clear...maybe.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Let the water run for a couple minutes. Or I would just save the money and walk the stairs. Build strong muscles cArrying the 5 gallon. Hah

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
When you say the water is terrible, how do you mean? Smells like rotten eggs? If you have an electric water heater, there might be a fairly easy fix. Thing called an anode may need to be replaced. A water heater than stands unused for long periods may need come chlorine run through it. Common problem in vacation cabins in some areas.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use cold water, but here in FL the water is never below 78 deg.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I purchased a Brita water filtration system and installed it on my faucet. It seems like the fish absolutely love the filtered water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts