I will jump in, not that I want to highjack the thread, but because I am interested as well and can give my specifics if the OP is not to that point yet, but instead researching for the future.rolex said:depends on the size of your sump and how much % water change you would like to do.
Can you please provide
Likewise. Sorry if this is is off-topic, but I think it somewhat pertains to the thread itself. I purchased such a big pump that it's taller than the bottom layer of bio balls, and when it's filled to the point of covering the pump it eclipses many of the balls:lestatak said:
It doesn't harm the bacteria in any way, but the purpose of the wet/dry system is for the balls to be exposed to air and water so that lots of oxygen are available to the bacteria. So no you aren't harming the bacteria, but you will not get maximum bio filtration capacity out of a submerged bioball.lestatak said:i have quite a few of my bio balls submerged. is this hindering bio-filtration?
This is an older picture from when it was installed on a 125 (now its on a 150), but this shows my spraybay that runs across the entire front edge of the tank. It shoots straight down and move debris across the sand toward the backl of the tank where the overflow intakes are.swamptrout said:Cich of it all, where are your sump return and power heads situated? pics would be good.