Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a prior question about H2O changes (DIY - Projects & Ideas) with 415 gallons of tanks and they told me that I could directly put chloramines filled water directly from the tap to the python to the tank and just add the amount of prime in the tank for the ENTIRE tank volume. The wardley product is junk compared to prime. If you have to, buy it online. One bottle lasts forever...

Am I off here or is this common place? I also thought you had to remove the chloramines BEFORE you put it in your tank.. I have some very valuable F1 Fronts and I do not want anything to happen to them.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I've never had a problem adding my dechlorinater to the tank as I filled it. If your still concerned you could get a very large container add the water and dechlorinater to it and then transfer the treated and heated water with a pump to your tank.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I were doing a very large water change (more than 25% or so), I think I'd add dechlorinator in stages instead of all at once for the entire volume. I don't know if that's necessary but it just seems like a good idea. I've been using a Python for about a month now and I don't think I could go back to carrying buckets.

By the way, do any of you test your tapwater for chlorine? I've tested mine a few times (using Jungle Labs 6-in-1 strips) and it's always negative for chlorine. It makes me doubt the test strips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts