Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 125 gallon tank with all males, but only 6. The stocklist is:
- Scianochromis Fryeri
- Cyrtocara Moorii
- Dragonblood peacock
- German Red Peacock
- Aulonocara Baenschi
- Protomelas Spilonotus Tanzania
I would like to add females into this already established tank- is that possible? If so, how many should I add at a time?

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
if the males are already 4" or bigger might be tough. Adding mature females to a tank with mature males usually results in the males bothering the females immediately. Be aware if you added a couple types of females multiple males could fight over them.

You would want to add a lot at one time, but then again you do not want to overload the filter/ water capacity. Be watchful to remove fish if you try. You could take out a male or two that cause trouble or to simplify. The idea of a "pure" Dragonblood female or German Red is pretty fuzzy anyway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 30 gallon tank I am using for quarantine and isolation. I could put one or two males in there if I buy females.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
I would avoid females for the fryeri and the aulonocara because they crossbreed and especially the aulonocara because you will not be able to ID the various species of the adult females if you ever needed/wanted to sell them or give them away.

Or if you want to rehome males I would choose one of these: any aulonocara male or the fryeri male and then add females.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts