Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 120 gallon 6 foot tank.
to start i want to buy this many fish to get pairs.

6 Juli regani kipili Looking for the nicest ones! colors
6 buesheri Kachese or maybe mbita
6 gold ocellatus The really GOlD ones. Not the plain ones!
6 caudopunctatus

I plan on making maybe 4 nice different stacks of rock work. I believe in the out of site out of mind.Makes fish get along better. I would have many shells of different sizes scatterd throughout tank under rock piles etc. I would use either pool filter sand or maybe some fine reefsand of somesort.

Not sure if juli and buesheri could get along? I figure when young yes put when paired off i suspect i would be taken Fish out.

WHat about my Ocellatus would they get beat down. I have had bueshri and kissbemba and they didnt seem to bug my shellies before. I have never had caudopunctatus and regain before?

Does this setup seem like a Max filled tank, or could i fit another shellie in or maybe cyps???

TY looking forward to responses and any pictures of like tanks

Travis

·
Registered
32 Posts
looks like a decent enough set up and its a good tank size. Put enough rocks and enough filtration and you will have a great tank.

·
Registered
705 Posts
maybe drop a species to get some cyps? idk im not 100% with tangs but either way u have a decent list. and btw ocellatus are VERY spunky for their size. i wouldnt be too terribly worried about em.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hope everything can get along!!!! I would love to at cyps we will take it slow at more if confident. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Great list for starters- and I think you can add a school of cyprichromis whenever you are ready. The only thing to watch out for is the occies getting beat up or killed by the julies. It might help when you set up the tank to keep the shells well away (10" or more) from any rocks julies might claim for territory.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I've only ever kept 2 pairs of Buescheri but both of my pairs, one is Gombe, the other Kachese, HATE cyps with a passion. Maybe it's just mine, or my setups or something but I had to separate them because they were harassing the cyps to the point where they were stressing, slimming and dying. Just a heads up. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
BioG said:
I've only ever kept 2 pairs of Buescheri but both of my pairs, one is Gombe, the other Kachese, HATE cyps with a passion. Maybe it's just mine, or my setups or something but I had to separate them because they were harassing the cyps to the point where they were stressing, slimming and dying. Just a heads up. :thumb:
Wow- really? That's the first I've heard of it, and here I was planning a buescheri, C. micro and ectodus tank. Hmmm... can you tell me a bit more about those set ups (size, fish #s, etc)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.