Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to mix some rubin red peacocks but then realised they are made in Germany I saw the name German red peacock I also wanted to get the yellow peacock with the prominent blue I'm aware there's two kinds anyway I actually want to keep the tank purely Natural is it true that these fish are fabricated and if so can you please tell me if the yellow one is a natural fish and could anyone tell me what is the natural version of the red fish many thanks

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Cichlid_beast123 said:
I wanted to mix some rubin red peacocks but then realised they are made in Germany I saw the name German red peacock I also wanted to get the yellow peacock with the prominent blue I'm aware there's two kinds anyway I actually want to keep the tank purely Natural is it true that these fish are fabricated and if so can you please tell me if the yellow one is a natural fish and could anyone tell me what is the natural version of the red fish many thanks
Originally they were line bred (at least two lines) from a A. sp. "Stuartgranti Maleri" type like from Chindunga Rocks or Maleri Island supposedly but these lines have been mixed together and or other types added in some most of these fish are a vague mystery or even outright hybrids. Some males look quite attractive, but they vary a lot and personally most of these do not impress me terribly. The males can have colour, but they have a vague look and are hardly superior to the dozen+ natural Aulonocara.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
noki said:
Cichlid_beast123 said:
Originally they were line bred (at least two lines) from a A. sp. "Stuartgranti Maleri" type like from Chindunga Rocks or Maleri Island supposedly but these lines have been mixed together and or other types added in some most of these fish are a vague mystery or even outright hybrids. Some males look quite attractive, but they vary a lot and personally most of these do not impress me terribly. The males can have colour, but they have a vague look and are hardly superior to the dozen+ natural Aulonocara.
yeah so i learnt the natural Aulonocara would be the stuartgranti i think ill get that instead

1 - 4 of 4 Posts