Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i know this is a personal discission on doing up your tank but im lost to what way is best for tropheus it currently has white ocean rock and it thinking about useing round beach stone any ideas or help would be appricated :wink:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Depends on the size of your tank and the number of Troph's you have. Tropheus like having rocky piles to claim as territory but you don't want to give them too many territories or else they will be constant territorial battles. I like using really large rocks rather than using a bunch of smaller rocks and stacking them. Seems more natural looking. Also, give them some serious current too as this helps curb their aggression since they fight the current rather than each other. Plus it mimcs their natural environment since they live on the shoreline.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi sorry my tank is a 132 gallon tank(4ft5x2.5ftx2.5ft)and i have 11 duboisi(maswa) & 16 bemba(yellow band) but bemba are sold and i hoping on doing the tank up abit when im taking them out?? was down at the beach the other day and i picked up some nice round stone was thinking about useing this but im lost how to build it in my tank??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts