Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this so if this iswrong I'm sorry. I haves 75 gallon tank with a fluvial 305 andmarineland 350 for filters. About 1/1/2 inches of gravel and crushed coral for substrate also many rocks for hiding. In the tank there are 1 p . Socolofi albino,2 p debasing,1 yellow tail acei,1 p crab,1 male yellowlab,2 cherry red zebras,1 I'm not sure yellowwith referee and a pleco

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Don't know what a debasing is... do you mean demasoni? That stock list is pretty light (not many fish) but you've got a number of problems coming you way, especially if the debasing are demasoni and with that crabro in there...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cbone said:
I am new to this so if this iswrong I'm sorry. I haves 75 gallon tank with a fluvial 305 andmarineland 350 for filters. About 1/1/2 inches of gravel and crushed coral for substrate also many rocks for hiding. In the tank there are 1 p . Socolofi albino,2 p Demasoni,1 yellow tail acei,1 p crab,1 male yellowlab,2 cherry red zebras,1 I'm not sure yellowwith reb eyes and a pleco
I'm just looking for a peaceful tank that looks nice and everyone gets alone decent. Looking for suggestions

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So do I get ride of the rest? The one i didnt know what was is no longer looked as though the Yellow Lab was harrassing it non stop is it maybe because it was female and yellow?

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Do you want males and females? If yes, think in terms of four species and stock 1m:4f.

If you want to try an all-male tank (not easy) get rid of anything that is not a male and any two fish that look alike. Maybe a dozen fish total.

What are your test readings for pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? Could aggression be the only cause of the death?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The water checks out fine. All of the fish were in a 36 gal until about 2 weeks ago used all of the old substrate,water and old filter cartridge. Moved them to the 75 gallon and haven't added any new fish. Just don't really want to get rid of what I don't have to but also don't want to get new ones if they are just gonna get wacked.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
All male or mixed genders?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mixed. and can i start with any that I already have? I will try to take pics of what i have.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
For mixed genders, choose four species. With what you have, I'd do these for one example:
1m:4f P. Socolofi albino
15 P. demasoni
1m:4f yellow tail acei
1m:4f yellow lab

Having 15 fish of one species is unique to demasoni and not transferrable to any of your other species.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you. I think that will still leave a good color variety and still allow me to keep some existing fish. Any suggestions on were to start so I don't have to drop a ton of cash at once

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Trade in the four fish you are returning for store credit. Get the extra labs and acei. Then in a month add the socolofi. And in another month add the demasoni.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts