Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was at walmart today and was looking randomly through there fish section and found the aquatech filter cartridges look a lot like the cartridges for my peneguin filters so i decided to buy a couple for my penguin 350 and low and behold they are the exact same cartridge . only difference is the floss is a little nicer(imho) and they fit a little tighter because of the thicker floss but the cartridge base is the exact same model number.

dont know if this is a known fact i just wanted to let people know

·
Registered
43 Posts
This news is actually several years old but it never hurts to throw it out there for the people that aren't aware of it. :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Aqua-tech is made by the same company as marineland and the older penguins bio wheels fit on the aquatechs. the molds are basically the same.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Better yet, buy replacement clam-shell baskets for the Penquin filters (<$6) and pack them with cheap polyester fibre-fill (approx $3 per year). I change mine weekly!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just use quilt batting from the fabric stores. $10 buys me enough to last over a year. Plus it's thicker than the stuff that comes on premade filters, so it lasts longer than store bought cartridges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts