Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm donating my current maingano and yellow labs to a fish keeper here in Houston that lost everything with the storm.

I have placed an order for what you see in the pic. I followed a cookie cutter stocking list from the forum for my 75g.

I can't wait to get my new fish and see all this color and action!!!

Anybody ever try this combo?

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does it say you're starting with unsexed groups of 4 juvenile fish for each species?

You may want to start with at least 8 of each to help ensure you end up with the desired ratio of at least 4 females per male.

·
Super Moderator
40,529 Posts
You have 2 yellow barred fish and a lot of aggressive groups for which I would do 7 females. I might have stopped at 3 species with that mix. Lots of yellow/orange with the johannii females.

·
Super Moderator
40,529 Posts
I would do this:
1m:7f Labeotropheus
1m:7f elongatus
1m:4f Cynotilapia

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
DJRansome said:
I would do this:
1m:7f Labeotropheus
1m:7f elongatus
1m:4f Cynotilapia
I like this direction better than the original stocking. I fear that the elongatus and Cynotilapia will be too similar, and not get along.

I personally would replace one of them, and go with Pseudotropheus (Melanochromis) cyaneorhabdos. You end up with more blue, and they are less aggressive than the johanni.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got my order today... shipping was delayed after the storm.

They all seem to be doing well so far, can't wait to watch them as they grow!

I did re-arrange and add the rest of the rocks I have- I'll be going to the creek this weekend to get more rocks! Gonna pack it full of the flat rocks

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.