Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you decide?
That you like Hybrids...325.00%
That you don't...975.00%

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whats wrong with hybrids, their the same as your mix breed dogs and you luv'em don't'cha?

·
Registered
80 Posts
That's a loaded gun (that was fired at me repeatedly :D )
My opinions on it all---

If the hybrid was planned and some serious effort put into it in order to "create" a marvelous specimen for fellow hobbyists to enjoy, that i find more than acceptable (I'd like to see an ice white cellainos colors on a labeotropheus frame)

If someone has a multiple specie 1-of tank, and the resulting mutt offspring are dropped off at the LFS weekly, that scares me. If everyone did this, then it would just be a matter of time before all available fish were identical, all showing whatever the highest dominant trait in the lake turned out to be.

Now just random chance says that an "accidental" cross has the same possibility of being cute as it does ugly. So someone may have the next hot ticket in their mixed tank just as easily as it may be in the hands of a breeder with 500 tanks who runs algorythms all day.

So in short (oops, too late for that), I like the "concept" of hybrids, I don't like the reality of market saturation with unwanted sub-par offspring.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Good lord. If I see one more "it's the same as mixed breed dogs" argument, I'm going to scream. Do your research people, it's no where near the same thing. Dog breeds are exactly that - breeds - not species. The breeds are all the same species.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.