Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody get the Visitherm heater creep. where it cycles, but the tank gets hotter and hotter, so you turn the heater down. and it works ok for a few days, until the temperature starts creeping back up again. but the heater still is cycling.

It's an interesting failure mode, but for sure the heater is bad. I turned it down 5 degrees already. luckily its an undersized heater, so I see it before it gets past 82

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just looked again, & yep, my visitherm creeped back up again in 2-3 days. But it's still cycling!

I use 2 heaters per tank, so I unplugged the other one just to see what this bad one does.
another situation where 2 smaller heaters saved my fish. They definately would have fried if I had one big heater.

Time to heater shop, and it won't be a Visittherm. (although this visitherm is at least 5 years old). I havn't been reading heater reviews lately, but I always get go for the new technology. Try it out, and see what they do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.