Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reaching out to owners of this one. I kept them for a while (have a small one now also) but at no time were they the largest or most robust fish in the tank. Do I expect the typical cichlid behavior if they are indeed the dominant (understanding behaviour varies fish to fish) fish in the aquarium? I viewed the cichlid profile on the forum and while they are listed as aggressive they also rank as not that difficult (4) to keep/raise.

Does anyone have any large speciamens? The largest one I had was about 7"-8" but had Midas and TriMac and Festae in with him/her that were all larger. I am interested in personal accounts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Any dominate plant or animal will takes it's role as such . I think you answered your question with all your cichlids will have various personalities . It's never really set in stone as you probably know , any " dominate " fish like an argentea may be tolerant to it's tankmates for years and then one day you'll wake up with almost all your fish belly up with a Vieja like the argentea taking all the blame .
I have a trio of argentea and they are one of my favorite fish by far ! Do you have pictures ?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will try to get a decent one shortly here...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts