Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock is 2 N. Brichardi and 2 Green Cory Cats.

The 2 Brichardi's were the last two at the LFS. They seen like a pair. They hang together, stay in the same cave and there's no aggression. Time will tell if they'll have fry.

My set-up is a 20 gallon Long, Whisper 40 filter (much louder then I would like), Jaguar heater, black quarts sand, small Mexican river rocks, unknown large rocks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I want to put some plants in. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just put the Cories in the tank. If they start getting beat up, I have a new home for them. So far the Brichardi leave them alone.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't take it as criticism. Thank you for your thoughts. I still have lots to learn and any help along the way is much appreciated.

·
Registered
705 Posts
but ya i second the anubias / java fern. u can get em pretty cheap at your lfs. also 2nd the brichardi caution. u probably wont be there when they do breed.. (if its a pair) but when they do those cories are gonna go with a quickness.. like overnight death kinda deal. brichardi push unwanteds up to the top corners and this a corey simply will not do. so its pretty much death sentence.. sooner or later lolz. GL to ya. sry to bum you out.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Also in regards to the filter being loud, you could fill the tank up above the black rim a little, it would make the water quieter, and also would make the tank look nicer :thumb:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for everyones responses. I've noticed the cories fins are being nipped. They're getting a new home tomorrow. I'm going to checkout the lfs plants on monday. I really need something to put some color in the tank. The filter has a vibrating plastic noise. There is a lot of vibration when the lid is on. I put some extra plastic hose around the edges of the lid and that took care of that. Again thank you for everyones responses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts