Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently added a 3 inch red devil to my 125. the first day he was exploring and establishing himself in the tank, now for the last 2 days he has been hiding hasnt come out ot eat at all. if i stay very still and no one moves he will venture out. is he just getting spooked by my movement around the tank?

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Well, firstly, he's new to the tank. He's probably not settled yet. Secondly, he's a baby. They're normally shy and skittish at a small size.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ya my Red Devil acted like this for a good week & a half to 2 weeks and he was in a tank by himself. After that though he had more personality than pretty much any other fish I've ever kept to this day. Very cool fish and I liked that I could pet him but anybody else put their hand in there and he would flare all up and try to bite and intimidate them LOL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup he is slowly getting better. he still hides if i walk by the tank but comes to the top when its feeding time. he is now spending more time out and about.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My lil guy is the same, I've had him about a month & he's still really shy.
If I didn't have any other fish in the tank I probably wouldn't see him.
He chases them all the time & even liplocks with the bigger fish.

He'll hide if he sees my move or hears/feels a sound I make since this tank is so sloce to my comp.
I'm about to move him out of my QT tank, hopefully he come out of his shell.
It's such a shame cause he's my nicest RD I have.
My others are pretty nice but they never had his bars or flowerline @ his size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts