Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has neone had 2 male venustus in same tank live peacefully in a 220 gallon or larger set up

·
Registered
363 Posts
I know from experience that 2 adult males will not tolerate each other in a 6' 180. Not sure about a 220, but I wold guess that the extra height would not make a difference. Would go so far as to say the even an 8' tank would not work.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have 2 males in my tank 180g one is the tank boos about 6.5 inch and other is only 4.5 and they don't bother each other (yet) but my alpha is a very calm fish :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
mmz3 said:
i have 2 males in my tank 180g one is the tank boos about 6.5 inch and other is only 4.5 and they don't bother each other (yet) but my alpha is a very calm fish :)
I have a similar situation in my 240G. I have a male that is about 4.5" that was starting to color up then at a club meeting I picked up a 7" male. After I added the new male my other male has actually lost all the color he was getting, but the bigger male doesn't bother him at all. However they are both still fairly young and not real big yet so this could change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts