Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Looking for some advice with a small venustus. I've recently changed from Mbuna to Peacock/Hap tank.

I've got mostly juveniles at the minute but I'm having an issue with my 3 inch venustus. He just won't eat any food I put it. Tried NLS red, Vitalis red, Hikari, even the food that the breeder was using.

I gave him some blood worm 2 weeks ago and he devoured them but hasn't eaten since apart from the odd fish poo!

I've treated for bloat as a precaution but there are no other signs of illness. They all beg for food at the front and eat well apart from him...

Any ideas? Do I just wait until he realises that he's not getting anything else?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
How long has it been? Is he skinny? How did you treat for bloat? What are the test results for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Treated for bloat with mega dose of octozin. Very mature tank, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10. 50% water changes every week..
He ate blood worm 10 days ago but nothing since. He's not getting food and spitting it out he just doesn't even make any attempt. Not skinny, not bloated. All other fish are well..
Just tried a couple of bloodworm again and he went berzerk for them!!

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
I would not feed bloodworm. I would wait until he eats what he is given...up to a month is no problem, especially if he is not skinny.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
:thumb: Well not for another month now...since he is full of bloodworms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts