Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a dumb question but can you vent Oscars? Some websites say you cannot and some can, my Oscars vent region looks like this oo as opposed to the usual female vent region o0

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Oscars are difficult to vent when they're not spawning or getting ready to spawn. So in a sense they can be vented, and they cannot.... I've never had any luck with it even knowing for sure who was male and who was female! I thought, oh great, I have a pair, I know who the female is because I've seen her lay eggs, and I know who the male is so the next time they get moved I'll vent them and take pictures..... They looked exactly the same to me :lol: That and the pictues did not turn out very well :lol:

When spawning or getting ready to spawn a females vent is huge and triangular. The males is pointy ish and not so triangular and not as big as the females.

I hope that helps :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, and I thought i did it right, well as of now i have no plans to buy another oscar (at least until i get my 125) so until then, im guessing It is a he, but who knows :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts