Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will UV Sterilization help keep some parasites away from my frontosa
The reason why I ask is, is that some times I see my fronts scratching them selves on the sand and rocks
And I already try cooperate and added some salt to try and get rid of what ever is making them do that
I clean my water every two weeks my filtration is more than enough.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Perhaps look up 'flashing' using the site's search function. That might help with information. It might be nothing at all, or it might be funny water conditions (Do they do it especially after water changes?). It might not be parasites at all.

·
Registered
746 Posts
my wc mobas do the same..........no problem. I do weekly 50% water changes and use the cichlid buffer recipe found in the library here on this site (epsom salt, baking soda and Instant Ocean).

If you are consistent in your water maintenance you should have no problem. I have used UV sterilization equip on my tank in the past, but don't use it anymore. I think I relied more of the UV than I should have. Water changes help keep alot of problems from happening IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For UV sterilization, I suggest you to use pulsed light sterilization purposed by Claranor. With this you can have a good UV caps sterilization[/url] for exemple. Indeed it's a clean and economic method. Discover it !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.