Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought what it said to be Usisya cichlids but can't tell whether if I have two females from the photos below.
Two of them have distinctive black/blue colours on the face and dorsal fins but other two only shows a tinge of yellow but no blue at all.
Can anyone tell me if I have 2 males and 2 females?

IMG_7330 2.png
IMG_7332 2.png
IMG_7331 2.png
IMG_7329 2.png

·
Registered
504 Posts
3 males plus one terrified/bullied fish of indeterminate sex. If I had to make a call here, I'd say four males.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! :( I was hoping to get any females. It was all colour fed so was quite hard to find out in the beginning. ****. One of them is definitely getting bullied and those two fight each other.

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "colour fed"? There are artificial hormones which they often dose juveniles, which is a terrible practice, and females can look male but they are usually small, then the colour wears off after a few weeks. But yours seem older and natural. Other than those hormones there is no magic food which makes them colour up. Females are naturally always brownish-grey.

If you have these 4 males together alone in that tank, the lower males in the pecking order will get beat up, maybe badly. So you probably should move some males out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts