Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these tanks worth the trouble of taking?

What could you really keep in them? Fry tanks?
There is 14 tanks total.

I realize the 20g longs are worth taking but what would you dod with the rest???

Any ideas welcome.

Happy New Year

·
Registered
702 Posts
2.5 g would be great for killifish or for maybe a shrimp group for feeders...

5g. would be good for a quarantine or for a holding mom to be able to spit on her own...

10 gal would be good for a pair of Kribs, or shellies, or a small group of fry for a few months...

You could use a small tank to grow anubias emersed (I hear they grow a leaf per week this way!) LFS's usually like these...

I would definitely take them! :thumb: Lucky you!

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
2.5G and 5G tanks are very popular for displaying fish in fish shows. If you can sell them at an auction of any club that does fish shows, I bet those small tanks will fetch more than 10G or 20G tanks. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
May I throw out my personal spin on small tanks and children? Not meant to be offensive but I don't like to see small children given small tanks to start. I find small tanks to be my hardest tanks to maintain. Even with limited fish , they can get out of control so much faster than larger tanks. When my granddaughter wanted a small tank, I bought a 29 rather than let her mother get a 10 gallon. Children have even more trouble being dedicated about the tank than we adults do.

To me the rule should be turned around. Only large tanks for small children and beginners.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input but I have'nt heard a thing from the person and left my phone number and all.

Most likely someone just playing games as always. Gee, I got all excited for nothing perhaps.

My wish is for people to be more honest. I have major health issues and don't need to play games with these type of people. You'll never guess where the ad came from! LOL

If it does pan out I'll let you all know!

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I would not think they were playing games if it were the places I've lived. When I put out ads for free things they went so fast that there was no way to remove the ad before 8-10 people called. After receiving a few very hostile calls from people, I either stopped giving things away and started posting a price or I explained in the ad that if they received no response it was because it was already gone. I still got e-mails wanting things but I felt I had done my share.

When I see free tanks I'm on it ASAP if I want them. .

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lady emailed me back telling me people stopped by during the day and took what she had.

Who knows, but that would have been a neat score. Can't believe anything from CL can we.

Bummer.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
When I was clearing things out to prepare for my last move, Craigslist was a true lifesaver. But there were some strange things that happened that one might not ever think about. As I had done lots of wood work projects and had a fireplace, I had collected a huge pile of scrap wood and I certainly did not want to pay by the pound to move it to Texas. I put an ad out with a picture expecting to give it to several people in small bunches. First person wanted it all and stuffed her car full. She even offered to sweep the trash up and we were both very pleased.
Downside? The guy who had called in the morning and got my address but didn't come by till that night and without checking. He nearly blew a gasket till I told him where to take it. If it's free-- don't try to tell people what to do with their stuff! I gave away a lot of stuff and made some people happy but if they stalled around it was gone when they got there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts