·
Registered
2,566 Posts
teqvet said:
12x demasoni

6x Socolofi (Albino)

6x Cynotilapia afra

3x Synodontis petricola catfish

This is for a 55g. Would this be too overstocked or something that could work? Should I cut the afra and soco down to 6 each. Should I cut the catfish out completely?
What Cyno. species are you talking about? "Afra" doesn't tell me a whole lot. The Cyno's vary in size - from mature at 4" to 6"+.

I've kept three types of Cyno's, various mbuna, and a few peacocks - plus some Syn. petricola in a 55 without problems. The fish, however, where 3" and under - nothing was mature. I also did waterchanges every 2 - 3 days to keep the water "fresh".

With that first list, I would maybe worry about the Ps. socolofi getting a bit too big (or too aggressive) for that crowd of fish. Some people have problems with keeping Ps. demasoni and Cynotilapia species - I don't.

--------------------------------------

As for the second arrangement - I'm not experienced with Melanochromis but I think that list may have too many aggressors in there. From my past experience - Ps. socolofi can get pretty rambunctious.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I think the Ps. demasoni/Cyno. sp. hara/Syn. petricola mix would work just fine - at least I don't have any problems with them. If you wanted another species in there - I would find something a bit smaller in mature size (and potentially less aggressive) than the Ps. socolofi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts