Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Another Tanganikian with some nice little Altos! How many do you have I think I see 3 but maybe more... can't wait to see the Julies and cyps
What size is the tank? thought it looked like a 55g or 75g with a sump, SWEET!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a 55gal. 4 comps and 2 calvus, 2 gold heads. 2 tanzanian blacks. 2 ink fins. i plan on adding shells and stuff too for the julies and the comps and calvus and i just got that sump yesterday it has a 500 gph pump and i think the current from it is a little too strong right now but im still working with it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Looks good I see you went out and got the best filter IMO
Do you know how many cyps your going to do yet?
Can't wait to see pics of the alto's when they are all grown up :D
they just look amazing when full size.
Here's a pic of my wild fire fins.
they have some more growing to do
and if you look close at the left side you can see there eggs. :D :D

he's alot lighter most of the time

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those look great. its a slow process to get them that big. i dunno i was going to get that group but there holding right now alot. so i think im just going to get 3 Cyprichromis Leptosoma "Bulu Point".
3 Cyprichromis Leptosoma Chituta Neon Head "Blue Flash". i also was considering getting red fin altos.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have F1 Fire fins if you want some. there about 3/4 of an inch right now
try and find someone else out there that has a wild fire fin with this much red, and they are breeding them. :lol:
the fry should look twice as good as him when they grow up.
hears another pic of the father.
this is a pic of when I first got him. he has now a little more red in his dorsal

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here are some more pics :) and more detailed of my sump and overflow. and my home made pvc return lol. also some more of some fish there not that great with a digital cam. do you ship fish and are you selling the f1's?

:fish:
:fish:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Don't get 3 blue flash and 3 bulu point cyps, they will cross breed. If you are only going to get 6 (which I wouldn't suggest) get all the same type. Your tank will look great with a group of cyps in there. :thumb:

·
Registered
790 Posts
noddy said:
Don't get 3 blue flash and 3 bulu point cyps, they will cross breed. If you are only going to get 6 (which I wouldn't suggest) get all the same type. Your tank will look great with a group of cyps in there. :thumb:
I agree with noddy
I can ship and yes they are going up for sale here soon. I'm just waiting for them to get a bit bigger :thumb:
I have about 70 of them so just let me know If you want me to put some aside for you

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the comments and yes i would like some. how much are they? i am also worried about my calvus and comps cross breeding but i wont be selling or anything so i dont think its too big of a deal?

·
Registered
352 Posts
If they cross, leave the babies in there - they will be snacks.

The fish you have, the calvus are by far the most valuable, so in a 55, it is best to stick to one species per type (yellow comps only, etc). Then if you get fry, you can always offset your hobby expenses, and not risk the temptation to sell crossbreeds.

My 2c

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would add about 10 paracyps niggripinnis in there instead of the cyps. IMO, they have the best coloring and look amazing.

·
Registered
790 Posts
The Fire fins will be $15 to $20 a fish due to they high quality
and yes do paracyps. You could put 20 of them in there and they would be fine

1 - 20 of 86 Posts