1x S. Fyreri "Electric Blue" Hap
1x Otopharynx Lithobates "Yellow Blaze" Hap
1x Aulonocara Jacobfreibergi "Otter Point" Peacock
1x Aulonocara Maleri "Sunshine" Peacock
1x Pseudotropheus Acei (Yellow Tail)
4x Labidochromis Caeruleus-Yellow Lab
1x Rainbow Shark
1x Plecostomus

i had an overly aggressive "red top" lwanda so i returned him and got an otter point. i did this whole transition from mbuna to get a peaceful tank. right now i have zero aggression and even no territorial stuff going on. the fish swim the whole tank together.

tank has pool filter sand for substrate and is filled with texas holey rock. background is 100% blacked out. i had colorful stones in there before. i think it looks good this way because the only thing colorful is the fish.

i need a red peacock species. i'm thinking a rubin red. then i seriously plan to just sit back and enjoy it. no more fish. no more changes. we'll see how that ends up going haha.

i was going to get a 75 or 90 gallon tank (i'm restricted to 4 feet of space), but decided against it for now. my money is better spent elsewhere.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't have any female peacocks and the males are very bright. i've heard they color up even more if there are females with them.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
des said:
I heard you need to have female peacocks to help the males show more, is this true?
Not true. Sure, some breeding males will show more color with the presence of females (Kandeense for example) but for the most part, almost all will color up. (Providing there is little aggression in the tank.)

Great looking tank Swifterz! I was going to ask about your Lwanda, bummer to hear he had an attitude problem. I agree, a red peacock would go well in the tank.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. it's a 50. it'll have to do for now. i was going to try to buy a tank next week even but decided my money is best spent elsewhere.

just now rather than zig-zagging the rocks i stacked them and kind of have it curve from the center out each way. not as many caves but looks good this way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts