Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up 6 small frontosa ( about 1 inch) at a local fishstore in dearborn Michigan. I think I got a real good deal, I only paid $4.50ea plus they gave me 2 for free :)
They are too small for my 90gallon right now so Im growing them out a bit in my fry tank that I normally use for swords and other live bearer fish.
I will post some pics soon, maybe some one can help me figure out what kind they are.

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
Congrats on your new fronts! I have never seen them that cheap in a store. Usually to get that kind of price you need to buy from a breeder, and you probably have to buy larger numbers. That's why I started with fifty in a 240G, and kept selling fish as they grew to eventually get down to the eight I now have.

You do know that they will outgrow your 90G in a little over a year?

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/view ... p?t=224148

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for link, I will read over the info.

*** always wanted fronts, and at that price I couldnt resist. I will have to start saving for a bigger tank, plus it gives me a good reason for a bigger tank! I just took a couple a of pics I will have them posted here soon.

On a side note I also purchsed 3 chinese batfish, *** never seen them before in a fishstore only pics online from time to time. but after reading up on them I think I should have just left them in the store, they dont seem to be well suited for aquarium life.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here are a few pics of the fronts I purchased. just a few questios here:

1) what kind of Frontosa might they be?
2) what does mooning mean?

thought I would post pic of the batfish too, have these guys in my community tank for now.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You may also want to read some of the Frontosa articles in the CF Library:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/f ... corner.php

I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do. I want Fronts, but only a 55 open to put them in and feel the same way about giving myself a reason to buy a bigger tank. Worst case, large Fronts sell for a pretty penny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts