Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - Can anyone help me identify this african (the black one)? I have had him for many years and don't recall where I got him or what he is. He is solid black with orange-brown coloring on his fins. He has just recently started to look a little beat up, though he does not seem to be abused. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated?

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Kinda looks like a bumblebee cichlid if it has vertical stripes I'm unable to make out in the pic. If the fin tips are red it could be a haplochromis greenwoodi.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't know but it's neither of the above. The head's the wrong shape for Haplochromis, and it looks nothing like a bumblebee...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for both of your thoughts. He definitely does not have any stripes like a bumblebee. The coloring on the fins is more subtle than the Haplochromis. The coloring is very similar to a Yellowfin Borleyi but with a broader body. He has a very mellow disposition and does not have much interaction with his tankmates.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lol I replied because no one else was. Sorry :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.