Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one raised these? I would like to get a few but really don't know much on them. I would love to see some pics if anyone has any. From what I have seen online is that they morph shape. It would be a pretty interesting fish to raise. Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I've had one for a while, very interactive with their owners, beautiful colors as they get bigger, pretty peaceful in my experience.

Someone on here has an amazing picture of his, and there's also a big thread on Uaru

Here it is...

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/view ... c&&start=0

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the link chubbs :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Uarus are one of the pimpest fish . I've had five ... very hardy ... very interactive ... loves to eat plants !!!! ... very inquisive fish ... ich absolutely love this fish. By far one of my favorite cichlids !

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like p1mp fish. 8) One day I will have these guys in a tank all to themselves.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I agree with bamboo. They are spectacular cichlids :)
When i had mine, they even let me pet them 8)

Here are some old shoots from them

·
Registered
100 Posts
I picked up two about 3 weeks ago. They are settled in nice with my geos, and I love them. Probably my new favorite fish for the time being. They are very nice, and are always out. I suugest picking some up, I dont think you will be disappointed. :)

·
Registered
877 Posts
just wanted to chime in with a question. are uaru best in groups or individuals? would 2 or 3 be ok together?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow another local. Sup Hondo . I have heard they do better in groups. My concern is I have only seen them with discus. Are they as much work as discus? Water parameters on discus is why I didn't get discus.

·
Registered
206 Posts
In no way would I keep them with Discus due to their feeding responce and assertivness . Your discus will probably almost never get food . Sure Uarus are found along side with discus in one of the world's largest flood rivers but compared it to an aquarium . They prefer to be in groups of five or more but I have heard people keeping individuals . One downfall with Uarus is , they are VERY prone to ich so keep them VERY warm !!
Fevz .... Those eyes look downright soulful it's almost scarey but incredible fish !

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No I meant low ph and the rest of the water parameters. I couldn't get my water to a low enough ph for discus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.