Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a site (maybe on this site hidden somewhere) where there are definitive pics of all the different variants of Frontosa/gibberosa. They all look quite similar so to be able to view them all side by side would be really useful. I am looking to buy some and its hard to tell from the sale pics whether they are the real mccoy or not.
I'm sure that there are some unscrupulous individuals/dealers out there trying to offload Burundis as more exotic variants due to the higher price they command and I don't want to get burnt.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that was certainly interesting. Obviously the photography makes a huge difference to each pic.
From all of those pics I would have to go for the Moba or the Boulomboro (which I've never heard of before) although you would have to be a bit of an expert to be able to distinguish between all of them if they were put side by side. Can anyone ?? Maybe we could have a "Frontosa Challenge" - 15 photos of different types and the winner is the one to correctly id every one.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for those links - I've found the second one before but not the first. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.