Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first one is pretty dull, almost a gray/blue color. It does have egg spots. I purchased him because he was being shredded by a bigger fish at the local pet store, he actually had no lower lip but it has been a week and it is healing very nicely.

Number 2 is very aggressive and changes color quite a bit. He ranges from almost all yellow to blue and yellow with stripes when he is picking a fight.

I am thinking that the second is a lombardi but unsure.
Thanks for all of the help, you guys are lifesavers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For number one, can I get any more info? I wasn't able to pull up anything yet with met or pseudo. Thanks for the help again :)

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
He's just saying that he thinks it's a hybrid of more than one species. Difficult to nail it down as one specific species, especially if it's a female. The store didn't have it labeled at all?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Haha, sorry, yeah, meant to make a joke out of the fact that it's likely a hybrid/you won't really know what it is. Met = metriaclima (genus name), pseudo = pseudotropheus (genus name). I'd guess it's got a lot of metriaclima in it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, it was simply labeled large african cichlid, aggressive. And as I said he was being methodically ripped to shreds so I "saved" him. I don't particularly care for his coloring, but I didn't want him to die...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts