Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temporary situation here until a bigger tank is ready, but I currently had to move
2 juvie Calvus to an empty 29g. My 3rd Calvus (juvie male?) just wasn't tolerating them in the same tank. So now the other 2 are safe, but kinda lonely by themselves. Would a few Caudopunks be a good match for them and have the desired dither affect? Looking for something (Tangs only) that will "swim around" and bring the Calvus out more. Again, this 29g is temporary.
They'll be moving to a 48" tank within a few months. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
40,520 Posts
If it is only for 2 months I'd just wait.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Punks would work out, or a colony of multies (shell dwellers) would be fun- They swim around quite a bit, and the calvus would enjoy hunting fry. Are you looking for a species that would follow the altos into the big tank? Either shellies or punks would be good for a community, or would thrive by themselves in the 29g for the long term.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Triscuit. Yes, I'm looking for a species that will follow the Calvus into the 55g when ready. My LFS just got some juvie Caudopunks in so I think I'll pick up 3 of them and see how it goes. It's just that my 2 Calvus have become so reclusive by themselves, I feel I need to do something to perk them up even for the short term. I've got your shellie suggestion already covered. My 75g tank has a Multi colony along with 7 Alto Comps I'm growing out. Super fun tank to watch.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just as follow up, I added 3 Caudopunks to the tank today and the benefit to the Calvus was nearly instantaneous :thumb: Within a half hour, the Calvus came out of hiding, colored up, and started cruising the tank again. The Punks have settled in nicely too. Triscuit, thanks for the little boost of confidence to try this.....good call =D>

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts