Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all! This is my first post on this wonderful forum. I have been a member for a while and have found it to be a valuable resource of info.

My tanks:
125g planted - 1 Blue Acara, 1 Green Severum, 1 Yellow Lab, 1 Turquoise Jewel, 1 Bala Shark, 2 SAEs, 1 CAE, 1 Spotted Wide Mouth Pleco, 1 Royal Pleco, 2 Leopard Danios, 1 African Butterfly

20g planted - 1 Krib, 1 False SAE, 1 male plakat betta

10g planted - Guppies

5g planted - 1 betta, 2 Ottos, 4 Pygmy Corys

I just brought home the turquoise yesterday. I have not been able to find very much reliable info on them. Does anyone keep them? If so whats your experience with them? From what I have been able to find they are semi-aggressive and wont dig unless spawning. Are they a color variation of hemichromis bimaculatus, hemichromis guttatus, or something else?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. I find it very interesting (and frustrating) that no one really knows where this fish came from but it is readily available in the hobby. Here in Maine our "legal" fish list is not very long. To the point where I cant even own any neolamprologus :( But yet I can easily find and own a fish of questionable species?? Uggg guess I need to write a letter to legislature and find out exactly how a fish is deemed illegal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts