Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a little pipe water bridge on two tanks already but it has issues. Mainly what happens is it gets algae in the feeder tubes and this slowly fills it up with air. So every week or two I wind up having to refill it which is not a big pain but I would certainly hate to forget one time and cause a flood.

I was going to get a big sheet of double wall greenhouse roofing that was cheap but home depot is no longer carrying them even on their website. Maybe it is something to do with the season.

I do have this big clear jug that used to hold pretzels, though. The jug is made of PET, so I am not sure exactly what to use for bonding. Worse yet, the top is just some typical soft plastic thing and very flimsy. But I am wondering if I have it on the top and then use silicon to seal it if when there is suction the weight of the water will actually pull it down and therefore make it stay on (perhaps even with no silicon). I could also try to bond a small acrylic piece or polycarbonate piece to the top either with superglue or an appropriate weld-on, if someone knows what to use to bond PET.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like doing it with no sealant is not going to work. I don't think that they sell PET plastic boards though. Probably sell some kind of PET tubs or something but that might be more expensive than the acrylic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts