Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
does that run the water thru slow enough to be effective? The information I've recieved was to run the water thru as slow as possible. Would be nice to just run it thru a cannister

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm looking strictly for the disease control and was told running thru my XP3 would move the water to fast. My UV unit is 20 watts and I believe the XP3 runs at 150 gph. By your formula this should work on a 125g. Sure would be nice to eliminate the use of an additional powerhead.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thanks for the info Toby. I checked the specs on the XP after posting and saw the gph was more than I thought. I also have a mag 350 on the tank so I'll hook up to one of them and get rid of the extra power head. I was in a hurry to get the UV going and just dropped the entire unit into the tank with a small powerhead attached. Will be nice to get rid of this eye sore. Thanks again for taking time to share your experience. Much appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.