Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my cichlid has been growing these weird bumps on his fins and on his body. Not sure what it is and if it’s harmful, but I’m starting to see it spread to my other fish in the tank. I’m not 100% sure if it’s lymphocystis but yea. He had it for about 9 months but now it’s really bad.
Water Vertebrate Fin Organism Underwater
Water Plant Vertebrate Fin Underwater

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi my cichlid has been growing these weird bumps on his fins and on his body. Not sure what it is and if it’s harmful, but I’m starting to see it spread to my other fish in the tank. I’m not 100% sure if it’s lymphocystis but yea. He had it for about 9 months but now it’s really bad. View attachment 139683 View attachment 139684
It appears it's getting beat up.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
I'd be more concerned with the fish in the 2nd picture which appears to have Columnaris or duck lip disease which can spread quickly to other fish and needs to be treated with Kanamycin and Furan-2 and lowering the water temperature below 74F.

What is your water change schedule like both in amount of water changed and frequency of the changes?

Any chance of posting your water test results?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be more concerned with the fish in the 2nd picture which appears to have Columnaris or duck lip disease which can spread quickly to other fish and needs to be treated with Kanamycin and Furan-2 and lowering the water temperature below 74F.

What is your water change schedule like both in amount of water changed and frequency of the changes?

Any chance of posting your water test results?
Well right now I’m treating my tank for hole in the head which both of my oscars started to have. And moved that fish to a separate tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts