Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had it forever and it doesn't seem to grow. An I doing something wrong?

·
Super Moderator
40,487 Posts
It is not an underwater plant...I would expect it to rot and die eventually in a fish tank.

·
Registered
803 Posts
If you keep the leaves and part of the stem above the water it will still grow. Think of it as a bog plant. Mine has almost doubled in size growing it this way.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help everyone I adjusted so the leaves are out of the water hope it goes better thanks alot

·
Registered
705 Posts
i used mine in an open top tank. LOVED the look of it and it grew super well. GL to ya and just do as others suggested and leave it partially submerged. heres a pic to get an idea. after 6 months id say they trippled in size. the largest stood 12+ inches above the water line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anthraxx8500 said:
i used mine in an open top tank. LOVED the look of it and bamboo placemats grew super well. GL to ya and just do as others suggested and leave bamboo placemats partially submerged. heres a pic to get an idea. after 6 months id say bamboo placemats trippled in size. the largest stood 12+ inches above the water line.

I think bamboo can be good for aquariums.... But It can be very dangerous if it touches the ground...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts