Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to see some True Parrot Cichlid pictures from some of the members . I got a young pair but I hear they take five years to become mature enough to lay viable eggs and healthy fry .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Are you referring to the Blood Parrot? If so, I understand they are sterile and not able to reproduce, I myself inherited a BP a couple of years ago and we have really enjoyed him/her alot, even with all the contraversy. He us about 8" long and lives with a Gold Severum of the same size. You can check out my video on the photography section of this site, hope that helps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,805 Posts
Try a search of the SA forum, using the search function at the top of the page. I know a couple of guys have put photos up over the years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
I recently acquired some F1s and have them in an 180g bowfront. I have a group of 5. The guy I got them from raised them from wild parents. I am not sure how long they took to spawn, though.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjuWXYdV

There are few in my album link to the tank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Whoa, yours look huge! How big are your largest ones? Your tank is gorgeous too, btw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Great video! I like the one of the psittacus vs. the grabber, too! :lol: I hope my tank looks as nice as yours at some point. Do your fish bother the potted plants or the ones anchored on the driftwood?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,441 Posts
Great vid Pete. Looks like you got the 10 footer the way you want it.

....Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I admire your Parrots , just absolutely awesome . I can't imagine how long it takes to do a water change for a 10 ft tank , LOL ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
allierw said:
Great video! I like the one of the psittacus vs. the grabber, too! :lol: I hope my tank looks as nice as yours at some point. Do your fish bother the potted plants or the ones anchored on the driftwood?
Thank you... The H. psittacus were fine, but the severums and the Uaru pair really "liked" plants :D

Bamboo said:
I admire your Parrots , just absolutely awesome . I can't imagine how long it takes to do a water change for a 10 ft tank , LOL ...
The tank is not very big. It's just long :lol:

MonteSS said:
Great vid Pete. Looks like you got the 10 footer the way you want it.

....Bill
Thanks Bill! It's way overstocked....too greedy...couldn't help it...

Now let's see some more H. psittacus pics! :fish:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top