Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I'm new to the forum.

I'm wondering if someone will be able to either Identify this Tropheus Species/colour morph or whether it is a hybrid?

It was a rescue that I took in after seeing it in a mostly Malawi mixed tank getting it's butt kicked as a sub-adult.

It's now in a 75G with a colony of sp. Red Moliros that are just coming of breeding age as I have seen dancing and shimmying from the larger reds.

I want to know if there is a chance it will cross breed with my sp. reds (which we don't want!) and out of curiosity I would like to know what I have. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
noddy said:
After looking at my Aqualog book I would say it's a Bulu point population 12.3
Page 122 and 170.
I tend to agree based on markings but I can't explain why it is yellow. Not even orange, let alone the usual red of a bulu point. Any insight?

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
ARush91 said:
noddy said:
After looking at my Aqualog book I would say it's a Bulu point population 12.3
Page 122 and 170.
I tend to agree based on markings but I can't explain why it is yellow. Not even orange, let alone the usual red of a bulu point. Any insight?
Both colour forms are found at Bulu point. Population 12.3
The red/orange variety are preferred in the hobby so they are the ones that are generally caught and sold.
I'm pretty sure it's a Bulu point. Do you have a copy of Shupkes Tropheus book?
I would imagine that yes, it can and will, if given the chance spawn with your reds. If it's a female though, you can just strip her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts