Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I have a small question regarding feeding my fish. So I leave my home quite early in the morning and my fish are still asleep at that time. I've been thinking about moving their feeding time to the afternoon. Would that be a good option, and wouldn't it cause any "agression over a lack of food" style issues?
Thanks for all help.

·
Super Moderator
40,901 Posts
You can feed them when you get home. Once daily and the time of day does not impact aggression.

·
Registered
544 Posts
This from someone who actually keeps these fishes...

Yes, moving feeding time to later in the day is a good idea. Tropheus aggression is hard-wired and has little to do with food, so there will be no ill effects from the change in feeding schedule. Tropheus can have issues with large single feedings per day, far better to offer them smaller portions a few times each day, if you can. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I always fed my groups once in the morning and then again when I got home from work.
I would turn the lights on when I first got up in the morning and then feed them after I had showered and they had time to "wake up". Light back off before I left for work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi!
Just wanted to give an uptade on the new feeding scheme.
I'm very happy with the resoults. The fish seem a little calmer before the feeding, than in the morning- which obviously gives the weaker ones more chances to be fed properly. It is also great for me, because it doesn't resoult in nearly as much food loss, as giving them food, when their half asleep. Definetly a decision for the better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts