Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how dificult is it to obtain the Wide yellow banded Duboisi strain?

There are many dubs in the market most of them nice but I want my tank to look like some of those youtube tanks!!!

40 dubs swimming around and ALL of them sporting the Wide Yellow Band :dancing:

That's what I want :thumb:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Most of the Duboisi that are listed on the retailers price lists are the Maswa wide yellow bands. So I would say it isn't that difficult to obtain them.

My local clubs grow out contest fish last month were maswa's. There were 100 of them for members to purchase.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IrkedCitizen said:
Most of the Duboisi that are listed on the retailers price lists are the Maswa wide yellow bands. So I would say it isn't that difficult to obtain them.

My local clubs grow out contest fish last month were maswa's. There were 100 of them for members to purchase.
I'm in the wrong state!

Can't seem to get them out here - at least not from hobbyist!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
noddy said:
My lfs allways have them, can't sell them. He gets them from the U.S
Well it could come down to the price. But there might also not be a high demand for tropheus in your area. There are also a lot of people that don't know what tropheus are. They go into Petsmart/petco and only see the "mixed Africans", oscars, and whatever else they have.

The first tropheus I ever saw was a baby Dub at a "mom and pop" type LFS. It started my craze.

Though the first colony I bought was off of Craig's List. $50 for 20 Duboisi Karilani. I am pretty sure anyway they have the narrow white bands. A couple barely have a band at all. I like them a lot. They are also breeding so that is a plus. :thumb:

Tito, Are you looking for fry or adults?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts