Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 7 blue zaire Kitumbas, 2M/5F which grew up in a 6 foot community tank with 20 other malawi haps, they are now 7-8 inch males and 5 inch females, after a concern about the trailer fins not growing, I housed them in a 6 foot 135 gallon by themselves. Question is, will I ever see trailer fins, or was I to late in the separation where the Haps may have chewed on front trailers and prohibited there future growth ???

·
Registered
619 Posts
I believe they will grow back as well. I have some young fronts establishing themselves and now have one fish with one broken trailer and the alpha has what looks like multiable fin extentions growing on one side instead of one LOL. He does not get nipped so not sure what caused that, guessing natural or netting ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys,

I was just getting worried because I know they are old enough for trailers but none of them show as of yet, so I assumed the were nipped off in the community tank.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thats very possiable. I know that 2 of my fish are getting thin thread like extentions coming off the dorsal and anal fin now, they are still very short. But visiable from several feet back if i look closely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts