Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My power head killed 2 more of my cichlids in less then 1 hour, i went to feed them before i left to go pay a bill.. didnt take more then 1 hour, when i came back i heard my power making the sound as if i had put it to throw air but i always leave it to throw water..... i could see his tail inside the suction side...
my biggest yellow lab and a small bright yellow lab where inside... I guarantee you that they did not die, they were not ill nor was anything wrong with them... they must have pulled the sponge filter off because thats the only way they could have gotten in there and the sponge filter was at the bottom of the tank....
Is it just me having bad luck? should i get rid of the power?

I am extremely mad and don't know what to do.... :-?
any suggestion on how to fish proof my power head?
thanks in advance
jasson

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
your powerhead is either missing an intake strainer or sounds severely over-sized then... I've seen tiny one inch fry pull themselves off the strainer of a powerhead without a problem... I've also seen very sick fish that owners insisted were fine up until the day they died when they'd call me and ask what signs I had seen because they died.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know before it gets to the impeller there is a little like plastic screen thats part of the power head before the fish can even get to the impeller..
but i dont know both of them where wedged in their...
it is an Aquaclear 3000... older modle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts