Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi; :dancing: :fish: =D>

This is siddharth Frm India quite interested in knowing about severum

1. what are the Total varieties of Severum available in the world ?
2. which is the rare and costly severum in the world market ?
3. what is the ideal tank capacity should severum be kept?
4. what should be the ideal PH/KH/GH/Nitrate/Nitrite/Ammonia
5. i hve tank capacity :60*18*18inch[L*W*H]
6. what fishes can be put with severum like firemouth/ramrezi/kribensis/oscar/clownloach
7.can i add plants to the tank if u hve any pics of the severum pls pm me the details

·
Registered
147 Posts
hi . the severum varieties most commonly seen in the hobby are , green , gold and red spotted . all of which are heros effasciatus , then there is heros sp. rotkeil or red shouldered severum . less commonly seen ( round here at least) are heros notatus , and the true heros severus , or mouthbrooding severum . then there are many many regional variants most of which are very seldom seen . plants are a no no in a severum tank as they will be eaten . they are not too fussy as far as ph/gh etc are concerned as long as extremes are avoided .

good severum tankmates can include many fish , such as firemouth , blue acara , oscar ( if the tank is big enough) angels etc . i have even kept corydoras with them .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.