Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pair successfully bred two weeks ago. I generally leave the fry with the new parents. Most often the first batch of fry don't last past a day or so...new parents. These two did surprisingly well for the first round.

Here's the female;

The male never really achieved a yellow coloration as they do in the wild. Perhaps when he gets older...maybe not at all. They did fluctuate with more drastic contrasting colors.

The female stayed pretty much like this throughout.

The male not so much...but you can see the contrasting colors. Most amazing part...still...how fast they can change into this color pattern.

He spent a lot of time hiding...almost like, what the **** is going on? LOL Here he is hiding in the log looking out the window at me with my camera. Beautiful colors.

Final shot of momma and babies.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Great pics as always Aquamojo! :thumb:
Everytime I see a 'Today In The Fishroom' thread title, I let out a silent...'Yay!'

·
Registered
677 Posts
lovely fish and some great pictures...

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I agree with GTZ. I always know there's gonna be something good in there. Except this time, it's kind of a mixed blessing, since I'm really wanting to find myself a pair of Nics (never done CA before) and don't have the space for them yet, so this just makes it worse ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Aquamojo,
how in the heck do you get such good shots of your fish? i have a pretty good camera but it still looks blurry :-? i would like to have my fish photos as good as that.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bo_Diggity88 said:
Hi Aquamojo,
how in the heck do you get such good shots of your fish? i have a pretty good camera but it still looks blurry :-? i would like to have my fish photos as good as that.
Thanks. It's all practice and experience. I've been taking photos for close to 40 years.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
GTZ said:
Everytime I see a 'Today In The Fishroom' thread title, I let out a silent...'Yay!'
Totally agree! :popcorn: :popcorn:

·
Registered
46 Posts
what kind of camera do you use? and what settings would most likely take the clearest shot? i take tons of pics of my fish and i can never get a good clear picture of my fish. it would help me out a bunch

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use all Nikon cameras. These were taken with a D3, Nikkor 105mm VR macro lens, and three Nikon SB-900 flash units. With the light focused into basically a two foot square area I was able to shoot at an ISO of 100, 1/250th @ F32. Plenty of light to grab great DOF at a shutter speed high enough to stop action.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts