1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple shots of the P. Fedrichsthali from Cenote Escondido

Male at 7"

Female at 5"

Male Honduran managuense with fry. I have a lot more of these to post later.

Some shots of the Zonatum...as you can see he doesn't miss many meals.

A friend of mine asked me to "take in some strays". I got this one angelfish:

And this Blue Gourami. I have quite a few of these in the pond. Just thought I would take the opportunity to grab a shot of this little gal.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The first picture of your gourami 'gal' is really a 'guy'! femals have rounded top fins and males are pointy! Just thought I would let you know! :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Great photos as usual. That zonatum is a fantastic fish - never ceases to surprise me.

Have you experienced that the objects closer to the front glass come out sharper than the ones more distant?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Decoder said:
Great photos as usual. That zonatum is a fantastic fish - never ceases to surprise me.

Have you experienced that the objects closer to the front glass come out sharper than the ones more distant?
Yes. That's because of the depth of field.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Aquamojo said:
Decoder said:

Yes. That's because of the depth of field.
No I didnt mean that. What I was telling is the more water there is between you and the object to be focused, the more blurry the object comes out.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. I know what abberation you are talking about. Looks like it's out of focus. If you zoom in close on it you can see like a purple halo around some of the detail. Some of the newer cameras with better sensors can make sense of all that. The D300 that I use does a pretty good job. The key is to get as much light over the subject...especially when the fish if farther back in the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.